Ancient Reign
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime

5 posters

Go down

Anime Empty Anime

Post  Chosen Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:14 am

Here I want people to recommend good anime series(Japanese cartoons for those who did not know).

These are some of the best series I've seen(Been watching over 200 series now Razz)

Berserk (hack&slash, with a great story and great characters)

Hellsing(Both TV series, the new one follows the manga)

Tenjou Tenge(Pure fighting)

Twelve Kingdoms(Fantasy kingdom, very good story)

Baccano!(Funniest shit ever)

Neon Genesis Evangelion(Just watch it! Good plot, fighting with big ass "mecha" creatures)

Rah Xephon(Very Neon Genesis Evangelion alike)

Gundam Seed & Seed Destiny(Never lied Gundam much really, but these two series I enjoyed!)

X TV(Another serie like NGE and RX, but without the mecha creatures, but the plot develops around the future for the planet)

Noir (Fucking great music, and one of the coolest assasians serie ever made)

Madlax ((same person who made music too Noir made to Madlax, so music is awesome, and the plot is also quite good - very Noir lookalike).

all these series can be read about on: www.animenewsnetwork.com

Chosen
Chosen
Guildmaster

https://ancientreign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Anime Empty Re: Anime

Post  Niroth Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:20 am

Berserk
A mysterious warrior calling himself The Black Swordsman is out to get the King of a country called Midland. As he battles the king's henchmen, their cries of pain and the spilling blood take this relentless warrior's mind back in time to the path that led him to his current state.

On just any day, a pack of hooligans are harassing a young lady in distress when all of a sudden, they're under attack. The Black Swordsman has returned. He wields a giant sword as large as his grudge against the king. When alone in the woods, the Black Swordsman has a flash back to years past and his trials and tribulations in the Band of the Hawk, a successful band of mercenaries under the charismatic leadership of Griffith, a man driven by the ambition to become king.

Gantz
Korono Kei, a high school freshman, put on airs and thought only about girls. One day, on his way home, he comes across a man who accidentally fell from the train platform. He didn't care for other people, and at first he enjoyed watching this man that was about to die. However, Kato Masaku, who was a classmate in his elementary days, suddenly gets onto the train tracks from the train platform to help the man. Being asked for help, Kei reluctantly began to help him. But when they got the man onto the platform, the train came. They must have been killed by the train, but they were transferred into a room of a condominium in a moment. There, they found a black sphere and people who are supposed to be dead like them. They couldn't get out of the room, and they couldn't even touch the wall. What is the room? What is this ball?

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Japan has been invaded and conquered by the Britannian Empire. Japan is now known as 'Area 11' and its citizens known as 'Elevens'. The Britannian Empire takes away Japan's autonomous power and imposes its rule through the use of 'Nightmares/Knightmares'. The Empire's rule has never faltered, but cracks have begun to show...

The Britannian youth, Lelouch, received a special power from a mysterious girl. GEASS. An absolute power which allows the user to give orders to anyone. Lelouch decided to plan the destruction of the Britannian Empire by using this as a weapon. His goals are to take revenge for his mother, and to create a world in which his little sister, Nunnally, could live in peace. All while knowing that what lies ahead is his father, the Emperor of Britannia.

Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan

Ten years after the start of the Meiji Era, a Rurouni wanders into Tokyo to find a new life with his new friends. Vowing never to kill, he tries to escape his fate as the greatest killer of the Edo dynasty.

An old menace threatens the new Meiji Era, the villian is Shishio Makoto, the successor to the Hitokiri Battousai who was supposed to have died in the Boshin Wars. Shishio and his Juppon Gatana are ready to start a new revolution to correct the wrong doings of the Meiji Government and also to avoid colonization.

NOTE: WATCH THE OVA SAMURAI X: TRUST AND BETRAYAL FIRST!

Claymore
Based on the shounen manga by Yagi Norihiro serialized in Monthly Shounen Jump.

Long ago, Youma, shape changing demons, took human form to live in disguise in human towns, feeding on them in secret.

A secret, nameless society has discovered a way of implanting Youma flesh into humans to create hybrids powerful enough to defeat the Youma. A hybrid's standard abilities include faster healing, limited shape modification, the ability to detect Youma and other hybrids, and overall enhanced physical prowess allowing them to wield massive claymores, for which they are named: Claymores. For reasons not divulged, only women are selected to be Claymores. They are often chosen for implantation after being the sole survivors of a family attacked by a Youma; this ensures their loyalty and willingness to endure the painful hybridization process.

The society sends Claymores to towns that can afford their fees to kill Youma. The society is often strict and harsh; Claymores who break the rules risk being hunted down by their fellow warriors.

The story of Claymore follows the adventures of the beautiful warrior Claire, who fights demons while struggling to hold on to her own humanity.

One Piece
It was a time when pirates ruled the seas. Several bands of pirates were battling over the great hidden treasure, One Piece, which was left by the now legendary pirate captain, Gold Roger. There was a young boy who admired the pirates, his name was Monkey D. Luffy. One day, he mistakenly eats the devil's fruit and turns himself into a rubber human being.

Ten years have passed since that incident. Luffy sets out to sail all alone. He sets out to become a great pirate captain and that's when his great adventure begins. "I'm going to be the Pirate King! I'm going to get One Piece!".

Adding more later!

Niroth

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjoig Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:00 am

As you havent mention the all time best anime I can't trust your juggement..

Sorry :p plus ofc the fact that you are swedish you already running head first into a wall Very Happy

Best anime ever: Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin (Silver Fang)!
Old but classic

Bjoig
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Chosen Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:28 am

Hoe wrote:As you havent mention the all time best anime I can't trust your juggement..

Sorry :p plus ofc the fact that you are swedish you already running head first into a wall Very Happy

Best anime ever: Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin (Silver Fang)!
Old but classic

Seen both of the series, first one and the followup where his son is the maincharacter!
Chosen
Chosen
Guildmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Niroth Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:13 am

As for Silver Fang, it was the first anime I watched 1992 or so. Fear of bears ever since, AKAKABUTO! No

The other season sucked compared to the first I'd say

Niroth

Back to top Go down

Post  Chosen Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:42 am

Niroth wrote:As for Silver Fang, it was the first anime I watched 1992 or so. Fear of bears ever since, AKAKABUTO! No

Agreed, the second season sucked compared to the first one. Mostly because they made it appeal for even younger audience.
Chosen
Chosen
Guildmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjoig Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:29 am

Chosen wrote:
Niroth wrote:As for Silver Fang, it was the first anime I watched 1992 or so. Fear of bears ever since, AKAKABUTO! No

Agreed, the second season sucked compared to the first one. Mostly because they made it appeal for even younger audience.

hehe its fun i watched not too long ago.. and then i watched the new one which fucking sucked.. why go ruined something that was awesome

Bjoig
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Trallalla Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:13 am

Have not watched a lot of anime, but have some buddies who like Death Note, has also been made a movie about this anime. I have just seen the movie, but I think this is worth watching Wink

Trallalla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soazak Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:49 am

Some very old, but very good ones:

Dominion Tank Police (Both the original 2 hour 'films' and the following 12 part series)
Appleseed
Patlabor (1 and 2)
Guyver
Akira
Devilman
Ninja Scroll
Ghost in the Shell
Legend of the 4 Kings
Urotsukidokji Legend of the overfiend/Demon Womb

Soazak
Guild Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Niroth Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:12 am

Trallalla wrote:Have not watched a lot of anime, but have some buddies who like Death Note, has also been made a movie about this anime. I have just seen the movie, but I think this is worth watching Wink

Very true, well worth watching.

Niroth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum